04 July, 2017

First Steps: Thrive

I'm not going to lie, I'm a pretty big skeptic sometimes, especially when it comes to health products. I know there's not a magic pill or a magic shake to create a "perfect body." That's impossible. I grew up seeing so many people try so many fad diets and pills and whatnot with the claim being quick weight loss and happiness. I'm not into that.

What I am into, is living my best life, and some days, it's really freaking hard.

I work at a lunch and catering company right now, and although it's not a hard job, it's physically and mentally (and emotionally) exhausting for me. I'm wrecked by the end of the day. Even though our hours of operation span a mere 3 hours, I can't help but want to go home and go straight to sleep.

In walks an angel of light and happiness, Giannine. She's a regular customer at the store, and is constantly a beacon of energy and kindness and clarity. She introduced me to something called Thrive, and after talking to me about it for two or three months, I've finally had a chance to try it.

So, what is Thrive? Is it a placebo? Is it a pyramid scheme? Is it the real deal? I don't know yet. According to the Le-Vel Thrive website, Thrive is a premium lifestyle plan to help individuals experience and reach peak physical & mental levels. It promises to aid in weight management, cognitive performance, digestive & immune support, healthy joint function, lean muscle support, age-defying & antioxidant support, as well as calm general discomfort (x). Thrive promotes delivering higher levels of energy throughout the day without the crash of usual caffeine intakes like coffee (a big deal for me!). 

Well, I'm going to try it. I've seen the outcome on others, and you know what? I want to give it a try for myself. Maybe this has the vitamins I need. Maybe it's cutting back on my caffeine intake to focus on other aspects of my health. If Thrive can be the first step in helping me get my life back under control, I'm going to try it. 

What am I hoping to get out of this exactly? Well, I don't know. I want to feel better all around. Specifically, I guess I'm hoping for increased energy levels, stability in my mood, a digestive aid, and muscle toning with the energy to complete daily workouts. Maybe even more. All I know is, I'm excited to see how my body reacts to this. I'm excited to hopefully be feeling my best, and maybe begin to look my best!

I want to be honest, I really don't know what I expect. I don't know if this is going to work for me. I am trying not to be negative, but I want to be honest in my skepticism. I don't want to be that person who only talks about health products I'm using, but if this delivers goodness into my life, I am going to share it! I'm going to be honest about my journey. I am going to share my journey. I've had a really rough time with my health lately, and I'm tired of feeling tired. I'm tired of wanting to give up. 

Here I go! This Independence day is my first day of Thrive. Independence for America, and hopefully independence for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment