09 July, 2014

If We Have The Courage

Dreams. Everyone has dreams. Some dream of fame, some of travel, others of fortune or family. The realm of possibility for dreams is infinite. A famous quote from Walt Disney reads, "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them." While widely used and often overlooked, this quote has some vital wisdom behind it.

At first, we look at the quote simply. We are filled with delight in knowing all of our dreams can come true...but we forget that last part. Our dreams can only come true if we work to achieve them. Then and only then are we able to achieve our goals. The fulfillment of dreams comes at the price of hard work.

My whole life, I have dreamed of going to London, and today my dream begins. I heard about this trip a year and a half ago, and from the moment I discovered this possibility, I knew I had to go. I worked countless hours to afford and prepare for this trip. There were many long weeks and a plethora of sleepless nights, not to mention quite a sum of money spent. None of that matters. What matters is that I did it. I am making my dreams come true. I'm not sitting around waiting for someone to grant my wish for me, oh no. I found the courage to pursue what I want.

It is so surreal to me. I am currently sitting in an airplane flying over 32,000 feet above the Atlantic Ocean, typing in the notepad on my iPad and listening to Coldplay while most of the plane is asleep. By the time you read this, I will have already landed in the city. My dream becomes reality. I AM ON MY WAY.

I was encouraged to start a blog by a handful of my classmates last semester. Filled with inspiration and excitement, I went home from school that day and got a URL for myself. That was months ago. I never followed through. It's time to fix that. I hope you join me as I explore London for the next few weeks. Follow me, this introvert in a field of extroverts, as I live how I have imagined since I was a little girl.

London, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment